Can I practise abroad as a registered nutritional therapist?

The Nutritional Therapy Diploma Course (NTDC) and BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy course are recognised in the UK and you are able to practise in the UK. However, different countries have their own rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise that should you wish to practise outside the UK, you seek advice from the relevant nutritional therapy bodies and regulators of nutritional therapy.


What career opportunities might there be?

  • Registered nutritional therapist in private practice, natural health clinics, integrated medical practices and health & fitness clubs
  • Corporate nutrition — health checks, health programmes
  • Health foods / Whole Food retail
  • Media work such as health writing, blogging, radio broadcasting, and television
  • Technical advisor or sales representative — food and supplement industries or for testing/diagnostic companies
  • Product development
  • Lecturing, teaching
  • Working in the community, for charities, and social enterprise
  • Research opportunities


How do I find out about job opportunities at ION?

View our jobs page for full information.


Do you offer intern places at ION?

We offer a limited number of intern places each year and over the summer period. If you are interested in an intern position, please contact [email protected]